Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day #51

Today’s favourite poses: Down Dog, Pigeon, Cobra, Child's Pose

Minutes with a relatively quiet mind: 15

Today’s interesting/thought provoking reading: (Taken from my cell phone)


I tend to keep a lot of messages on my cell phone. In fact, ever since my friend passed away, and I found out about it a few days after I had deleted a few of his texts, (which of course I now deeply regret), I am AFRAID to delete most of them now. Some I look back at and smile or laugh, and some really make me think. In fact there are quite a few I have kept for months because they seem to come in handy when I need to resurrect them for some purpose (whether that is to give me a lift, re-enforce a decision, or make me look a little closer at something).

Recently I have been reading a lot about the Buddhist practices of altruism, compassion, and bodhichitta and how it all ties into suffering, enlightenment etc. It's really interesting stuff. As I was reading it, I remembered a text that a good friend sent back to me in Sept (at 2:30 a.m. no less, I cannot possibly imagine what we were talking about at that hour that spurred this particular statement, but of course when I consider WHO sent it, i.e. none other than 'the Sage', it doesn't surprise me in the least that it has now come to mean something deeper than I originally thought........


The text simply said: "We'll all reach enlightenment when no one else suffers."


So for my next few readings/posts, I will enlist the help of none other than the Dalai Lama to reinforce and elaborate on my friend's wise words. Stay tuned.......

No comments:

Post a Comment