Friday, February 4, 2011

Day #33

Today’s favourite poses: Tiger, Pigeon, Down Puppy, Child, Superman.........(cuz I did them with the kids in my class!)

Minutes with a relatively quiet mind: 10

Today’s interesting/thought provoking reading: (Taken from The Dalai Lama's Book of Wisdom The Essential Teachings and The Case for GOD by Karen Armstrong, and the Tao)

Another connection between Buddhism, Taoism, and Christianity:

Paul said, "In your minds, you must be the same as Christ Jesus. There must be no competition among you, no conceit; but everybody is to be self effacing. Always consider the other person to be better than yourself, so that nobody thinks of his own interests first, but everybody thinks of other people's interests instead."


(From the Tao):

The Sage has no interests of his own, but regards the interests of the people his own. He is kind to the kind, he is also kind to the unkind; for virtue is kind.


(From the Eight Verses on Transforming the Mind):

Whenever I interact with someone,
May I view myself as the lowest amongst all,
And, from the very depths of my heart,
Respectfully hold others as superior.




.....Ok, this one was written JUST for ME!:

When someone whom I have helped,
Or in whom I have placed great hopes,
Mistreats me in extremely hurtful ways,
May I regard him still as my precious teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment