Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Day #38

Today’s favourite poses: Tree, Warrior 3, Plank

Minutes with a relatively quiet mind: 9.5

Today’s thoughts:

One area of practice that I have been working on over the past few weeks, is judgement. I don’t seem to have found a balance between seeing more good in someone’s character than they actually possess, and judging people too harshly or quickly. Lately when I meet someone new, I am rather guarded or sceptical (I guess I just don’t have a lot of faith in people anymore). But until someone has PROVEN that they aren’t worthy, then I really think I need to try to be more open and trust a bit more. (In all honesty, usually my mistake is that I trust/give people too much credit, and then I end up paying for it. Sometimes dearly). I’m also guilty on some occasions, of putting people into categories because of the way they look. Not in a negative way, but whenever I meet someone that’s a little TOO good looking, I tend to assume that they might not be kind or intelligent, or interesting, so I usually just write them off. Perhaps I feel that they won’t have as much to offer as someone who hasn’t been able to coast through on their looks all their lives. In other words, if the package is too pretty, I think it’s not really worth opening up. But in a few cases now, I have been dead wrong about that. However, honesty, courage, respect, and substance are still the most important qualities.

No comments:

Post a Comment