Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day #6

Today’s favourite poses: Warrior, Dancing Warrior, Reverse Warrior

Minutes with a relatively quiet mind: 15 (ish)

Today’s interesting/thought provoking reading: (Taken from The Tao of Inner Peace by Diane Dreher)

Centered, The Tao person looks beyond externals, never flaunting accomplishments or posessions. We can enjoy the blessings of our lives but cannot possess them. They're part of the fluid movement of Tao, part of the process that flows like a river around and through us. When we know this, we've found our center and are one with the Tao.

Lao Tzu tells us:

"The Tao person embraces the One
And lives in peace by its pattern.
Do not dwell on your ego,
and you will discover your soul.
Avoid prideful acts,
and your work will endure.
If you do not compete,
no one on earth will compete against you.

Follow the ancient wisdom:
'Yield and Overcome.'
True peace is achieved
By centering
And blending with life." - Tao Te Ching 22


(Affirmation)

I know my life is peaceful and harmonious.
I am centered, whole and complete.

I have a job, but I'm not my job.
I have a family, but I'm not my family.
I have relationships, but I'm not my relationships
I have a body, but I'm not my body.
I have a cause, but I'm not my cause.

I am one with Tao.
I respect myself and the process.
I harmonize with nature and all others in my world.
I accept greater peace in my life now.
And so it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment